Friday, September 13, 2013

Are you Jealous or Envious?

"The few who do are the envy of many who only watch." -Jim Rohn

I know you may think I am crazy but, I love Kortney Kardashian (don't hate I have my reasons). I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians, religiously. It may be dumb but rather than hating her, because she has many qualities I wish I had. I adore her. I don't think she is perfect. But I try to emulate the things she does that I want to do myself. She has built a successful clothing business that she loves while being a role model and a great mother. These are thing I work on acquiring for myself as well.

"A competent self-confident woman is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity." -Robert A. Heinlein

I made a New Year's resolution many years ago to stop, think and then react. Instead of a negative auto reaction, I don't like her because... I think of why I had this reaction in the first place. It all goes back to being jealous. Jealousy is the sister of hate. It preoccupies you and makes you do and say mean things (not a nice trait). The dictionary describes the noun jealousy as afraid to lose position. Think about that, loss of position. Unless you are born into the royal family being jealous of the Queen is pointless. I will never be Kortney K. How can you be jealous of a position you've never had?

Be envious instead. Envy is a quality, possession or desirable attribute belonging to someone else. If someone has something I envy I turn my envy into actions and admiration. I think about how to get the things I want (within reason of course). It is an introverted approach on how to better myself and become what it is that I envy in others. Envy is positive it gets people to take action, to level the playing field so to speak. Be envious, but only if you are willing to take action. Otherwise don't bother.

"People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them...you  affected their lives they didn't affect yours."- unknown

I still get haters, even at thirty years old. (just when you thought high school was over) When I first moved into my house that I currently lived in a couple of the ladies on my street were super nice. Then one day our son came home and told me he had over heard the neighbors talking bad about me and any time I spoke to them they were always making little digs at me in front of each other, like I was to dumb to get it. I was surprised at how childish women can be. Mean girls are unhappy. Don't let their clouds cover your sun! I don't let what other people say affect me in the way I used to(trust me I have had some pretty mean things said). I take it more as a compliment. Wow, they had nothing better to talk about than me? Awesome!

If you are jealous of anyone, don't be. Envy and admire. Spend time on bettering yourself and your position. But if you envy, take action. Figure out how you can be the envy of every one else. And work to get the qualities or things you want. Easier said than done, I know but everything takes practice. Right?

-Ari

Be Good, Do Good, Look Good, Feel Good.
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theskinnychic.me
Or Visit http://theskinnychic.me

No comments:

Post a Comment